As knowledge of JumpDrive spreads, an ancient race stirs, while another flees a world doomed by a dying sun. The Imperium grows in strength, provoking further resistance and the hiring of mercenaries. Can you build the most prosperous and powerful space empire in a galaxy edging towards war?
This first expansion for Race for the Galaxy
adds 22 new cards, a 5th player
, and other ways to expand your universe. The Gathering Storm
also features a solo play
An added element of ten "Goals
" ups the competition in this great galactic Race. Every game you play can include 4 randomly selected Goals. For example, "The First Player to Build 3 Alien Cards" earns 3 Victory Points. Or, "The Most Developments" Goal awards 5 points to a player who has built at least 4 Developments but can be stolen by another player who surpasses that achievement.
- one Replacement Gambling World Card
- 4 new Start World Cards, numbered 5 to 8.
- 18 new Game Cards
- 9 Player Action Cards (for a 5th Player)
- 17 Blank Game Cards
- 1 Contest Entry Card
- 9 Victory Point Chips (7 x "1", 1 x "5", 1 x "10")
- 4 "Most" Goals (Large Tiles)
- 6 "First" Goals (Small Tiles)
- 8 3VP Goal Chips
- 1 Play Mat (Solitaire Game)
- 14 Counters (Solitaire Game)
- 2 Custom Dice (Solitaire Game)
This is not the full game, Race for the Galaxy
is required for play.