In Steam you build railroads and deliver goods along an ever-changing network of tracks and stations. You build the tracks, upgrade towns, improve your train, and grab the right goods to make the longest, most profitable deliveries. Score your deliveries and add to your income or victory points, balancing your need to invest against your quest to win the game.
Steam contains a beautiful, double-sided game board. The map on each side depicts terrain, towns, and cities at the start of the railway age. The map of the northeastern USA and neighboring Canada is ideal for 3 or 4 players. Use the map of Europe's lower Rhine and Ruhr region when playing a 4 or 5 player game. You can play Steam on any number of current and future variant and expansion maps, so we include pieces for 6 players.
Steam is the culmination of Martin Wallace's classic railroad game series. It contains a brilliantly balanced standard game, and a very rich, elegant basic game. Both offer you unparalleled flavor and fun.
- A full-color, double-sided game board
- 136 double-sided track tiles
- 8 New City tiles
- 7 double-sided Action tiles
- 144 wooden player tokens (in 6 colors)
- 96 wooden goods cubes (in 5 colors)
- 10 City Growth markers
- 68 gold, silver & copper money tokens
- 1 wooden train turn marker
- 1 cloth goods bag
- Rules for both the Base and Standard games