DungeonQuest Revised Edition is a fast-paced game of deadly dungeon exploration and looting for one to four players.
In DungeonQuest Revised Edition, you take on the role of a hero who sets out to explore Dragonfire Dungeon. Along the way, you’ll collect loot, evade traps, battle fearsome monsters, and wend your way through the sprawling catacombs that snake underneath the dungeon. If you are fortunate enough to find your way to the treasure chamber at the dungeon’s heart, you may attempt to plunder its riches. The hero who escapes with the most loot wins!
However, there’s more to concern you than just rival heroes. You must be careful not to wake the cruel Kalladra, the dragon who sleeps upon the treasure hoard! When you have looted your fill, you must escape the treacherous, winding maze that makes up the dungeon in order to be victorious.
More information on the differences between DungeonQuest Revised Edition and the third edition of the DungeonQuest:
• Combat has been simplified: Combat has been redesigned to feature a streamlined combat system that harkens back to the classic editions of the game. DungeonQuest Revised Edition features a card version of the combat chart found in a previous edition. The new combat system delivers the same tension that DungeonQuestplayers love, but allows combat to be played out much more quickly. For more detailed information on combat, please see the “Combating the Dungeon’s Monsters” section above.
• Search once per room: In DungeonQuest Revised Edition, rooms in the dungeon can now be searched only once per game. This encourages brave dungeon-delvers to venture deeper into Dragonfire dungeon, and is easy to track by placing a search token on the board.
• Move between towers: When a hero enters a tower room, he can now optionally move to any other tower room and continue his turn. This change allows you to shadow other players who have created successful paths through the dungeon, adding a new layer of strategy. This also prevents you from being stuck in the opening turns of the game.
• Escape using Agility: This streamlined escape mechanic allows players to test Agility in order to successfully escape from a combat.
• New rulebook format: DungeonQuest Revised Edition takes advantage of our new rulebook format. The rules are split into two separate, streamlined documents–a Learn-to-Play guide, and a Rules Reference book. This means that you’ll be able to begin exploring the dungeon as soon as you open the box with the help of the handy Learn-to-Play guide. The Rules Reference guide will answer any questions that you may have as you play the game.
• A deadlier dungeon: Dragonfire Dungeon is deadlier than ever before, adding new challenges for seasoned dungeon explorers! Surviving the dungeon is a heroic feat, and only the bravest of the brave will make it out alive.
• Torchilight Variant: When using the Torchlight Variant, when a player moves into an unexplored room, his torch casts enough light to make out what lies ahead. As a result, he also draws and places adjacent rooms that he has line-of-sight to. This variant adds an element of strategy to the game, as well as creates a much fuller and more complex dungeon throughout the game.