|"What's that game with those cute little figures?"
"You mean meeples?"
"Yes, I see them everywhere these days!"
"They are from Carcassonne."
Carcassonne is a clever and beautiful tile-laying game. In Carcassonne, players build the area surrounding the impressive city in southern French, one tile at a time. They then place a follower (a.k.a. meeples) on fields, cities, roads or monasteries in order to score as many points as possible. These followers will become knights, monks, farmers and thieves, depending on where they are placed. No matter their followers' function, the player who will most cleverly use their followers will win the game...
Carcassonne – A simple tactical game that offers a unique experience. A majestic way to discover a new world!
- 2012 Ludo Award Best Board Game Editor's Choice Winner
- 2004 Vuoden Peli Family Game of the Year Winner
- 2002 Årets Spel Best Family Game Winner
- 2001 Spiel des Jahres Winner
- 2001 Deutscher Spiele Preis Winner
- 2000 Meeples' Choice Award
*NOTE* This is the latest edition, which includes "The River" & "The Abbot" mini expansions.