Designed by Reiner Knizia, Ingenious is the popular board game in which 2 to 4 players place colored tiles on a hexagonal board, scoring points, blocking opponents’ tile placement, and protecting themselves from being blocked. Its simple rules, quick playing time, and clever gameplay combine to form a subtly strategic and hopelessly addictive game.
With punchboard tiles, stands that are built into the board, and other component changes, this mass market edition offers the Ingenious experience at a lower price point.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why a new edition?
- This new “mass market” edition of Ingenious offers virtually the same gameplay experience as the 2010 edition, but its lower price presents a value not previously available.
- Do I need this edition if I own a previous one?
- No. Aside from the price, the differences are cosmetic.
- Will you still offer the current edition?
- We have no current plans to discontinue the 2010 edition, and will offer both versions for the foreseeable future.
- What is different about the mass market edition, compared to the 2010 edition?
- Several changes contribute to this new edition’s lower price:
- The tiles are made of punchboard rather than plastic.
- There is no separate stand for the players’ tiles, the punchboard tiles in a player’s “hand” fit directly into slits built into the board.
- The mass market edition comes in a 10”x10”x2” box (similar to Through the Desert or Lord of the Rings: The Board Game ).
- Additionally, the rulebook excludes both the team variant and the solo rules from the 2010 edition, resulting in a game appropriate for 2–4 players, rather than 1–4.